I just read the following. Do you have more jobs where one can ridicule the most deeply held religious beliefs of other people and do other FUN things like that?
“SOUTH PARK” REACHES A NEW LOW The Comedy Central show, “South Park,” has a record of Catholic bashing, but no episode was worse than the one that aired on July 19 (it was repeated on July 22); this episode will be continued on July 26 and July 29. The basic plot of last week’s show centered around a priest who tells children they will burn in hell unless they confess and “eat the crackers” (read: Holy Communion). During the course of the show, the following attacks on Catholicism were presented:
· The priest is caught by the children having sex with a parishioner in the confessional
· The priest tells a nun “the Jews crucified our savior. If you don’t go to hell for that, what the hell do you go to hell for?”
· The nun calls the Vatican to see if the priest is right; the pope appears senile
· Transubstantiation is described as “just plain silly” and the kids wonder whether “Jesus was made of crackers”; they also ask whether “all we have to do is confess our sins and eat crackers” to avoid hell
· The father of the Jewish boy tells his son “Christians use hell to scare people into believing what they want them to believe”